The Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA) recognizes that there is a need to inform members of the issues and provide best practices to firms on how to develop and assess flexible plans in the workplace. An advisory committee has been formed to address the work/life flexibility issues facing our members.
Work/Life quality – a 21st century imperative
View our short video explaining the personal accounts of Chartered Accountants outlining their goals and achieving the much sought after work/life balance.
Work/Life firm presentations
The Work/Life Advisory Committee has developed a robust toolkit to support its members, including a video and three presentations that address being an Employer of Choice, Implementing Work/Life and Achieving Personal Quality along with a variety of resources
- A New Balance Sheet As employees look beyond a salary for satisfaction, employers are offering new benefits to help them meet their goals. A recent CAmagazine talks with CAs using alternative work arrangements and outlines what a few of the larger firms are offering.
- Overview The why, how, who of the work/life committee.
- A Fine Balance An article highlighting work/life balance options chosen by Chartered Accountants across the country and introducing the committee.
- Relevant surveys and results A number of surveys touch on the issues around work/life balance. A summary of some of these surveys is provided.
- Profiles Read about the trials and tribulations of Chartered Accountants succeeding in finding their own work/life balance.
- Work/life Committee membership A list of people working on work/life issues on behalf of Chartered Accountants.
- Contact us
- Career Planning Guide Request your complimentary copy of Personal Balance Sheet: A Practical Career Planning Guide
- Flexible Work Options Guidance
- Books A selection of books on work/life balance – issues and suggested solutions to the issues.
- Webinars A list of upcoming scheduled online seminars, plus an archive of recent events.
- Media Audio and video reports regarding work/life balance
- Websites A collection of online resources and forums discussing the issues surrounding the work/life paradigm.
- CICA and provincial institutes/Ordre: compilation of articles authored by the CICA and provincial bodies discussing the issues surrounding work/life balance.