The CICA supports CAs with education, specialist accreditation, publications and resources to be leaders in Investigative and Forensic Accounting (IFA).
IFA engagements require the application of professional accounting skills, investigative skills, and an investigative mindset, and involve disputes or anticipated disputes, or engagements where there are risks, concerns or allegations of fraud or other illegal or unethical conduct.
The Institute also supports CAs with regard to anti-money laundering reporting requirements.
The Forensic & Valuation Reporter published by American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)'s Forensic and Valuation Services Section recently included an article by Ken Tysiac, Senior Editor of Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) Magazine and Journal of Accountancy. In the article, Ken discusses the expected increase in demand for forensic accounting services in the United States over the next five years.
Publications and Resources
- IFA Practice Aids (published by CICA Alliance for Excellence in Investigative and Forensic Accounting)
- Standard Practices for Investigative and Forensic Accounting Engagements (Effective date, March 1, 2007)
- 2010 Focus on Forensic Accounting & Fraud Special Issue (The Bottomline)
- Electronic Directory of CAs Designated as Specialists in Investigative and Forensic Accounting (CA●IFA) by Province (CICA Alliance for Excellence in IFA)
- Forensic Accounting eJournal (Accounting Research Network)