CPA Canada's Women’s Leadership Council is a voice of women professional accountants. We act as a catalyst for change, promoting a work environment within the accounting profession that provides for the retention, promotion and advancement of women to positions of leadership without bias, unintended or otherwise, based on gender.
"I don’t think it’s too late for my generation to become leaders in the profession and in business, and I hope my daughter’s generation will simply take it for granted!"
Robin Taub, CPA, CA
Robin Taub Financial Consulting
Women’s Leadership Council
"The Women’s Leadership Council plays an important role within our profession in encouraging women members to seek leadership positions. The demographics of the profession are changing and there must be a level playing field for all members who want to advance their careers."
Kevin Dancey, FCPA, FCA,
President and CEO of CPA Canada
Women’s Leadership Council goals
Our short-term goal is to provide resources and education that further women’s advancement in the profession. In the longer term, we will be acting as advocates to enhance the number of women in leadership positions in the profession.
Women’s Leadership Council priorities
Over the coming year, our priorities include:
- publishing career navigation toolkits for women in the accounting profession and for firms to advance women into leadership positions
- continuing a webinar series to provide resources to professional accountants and firms to further women’s advancement in the profession
- publishing information about the status of women in the profession
- Female Talent Management: Toolkit for Organizations
- Career Navigation Toolkit for Women - Advancing Women in the Profession
- October 2, 2013 – Catalyst announced the 15 women corporate director candidates selected this year to join Women On Board®, a Catalyst initiative that combines the power of mentorship and sponsorship to promote the appointment of women to corporate boards including CPA Canada’s Women’s Leadership Council member Vivien D. Wulff, CA, CMC, FCIS, COO, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Alberta.
July 28, 2014
RBC Canadian Women Entrepreneur Awards Application Deadline
These awards provide national recognition to Canadian women whose successful business achievements contribute extensively to the local, national and global economy.
October 23-24, 2014
AICPA Women's Global Leadership Summit
This conference is presented by the AICPA Women's Initiative Executive Committee with Media Partners AWSCPA and CPA Canada. The objective of this conference is to focus on leadership, boardroom diversity and best practices to enhance the skills and potential of women leaders within the financial community. The high-level caliber of speakers will provide training and information on how women can secure their future in this complex industry. CPA Canada members are entitled to discounted registration.
If you have questions or comments, please email Karen Duggan.