Career & Professional Development
The Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA) provides a broad range of programs and services designed to sustain and enhance the skills of members and other business and financial professionals.
- Conferences & Courses: Find a diverse range of in-class and online learning – in core areas such as income tax and financial reporting, and in unique practice areas and industries such as information security and corporate finance.
- Webinar Series: CICA offers a variety of informational topics to members through different webinar series. Each webinar is a 45 minute presentation, followed by 15 minutes of questions and answers. The webinars are free for both members and non-members. Members may earn one hour of CPD credit per webinar upon successful completion of the quiz.
- Credentials for CPAs: “CPA Canada and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) have collaborated to offer CPAs across North America access to tools and technical resources in the areas of forensic accounting and information technology.”
- Career Centre: CA Source is CICA’s career site exclusively for Chartered Accountants (CAs) and CA students.
- Women's Leadership Council: The CICA’s Women’s Leadership Council is the voice of women Chartered Accountants acting as a catalyst for change, promoting a work environment within the CA profession that provides for the retention, promotion and advancement of women to positions of leadership without bias, unintended or otherwise, based on gender.