Career & Professional Development
The Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA) provides a broad range of programs and services designed to sustain and enhance the skills of members and other business and financial professionals.
- Conferences & Courses: Find a diverse range of in-class and online learning – in core areas such as income tax and financial reporting, and in unique practice areas and industries such as information security and corporate finance.
- Webinar Series: CICA offers a variety of informational topics to members through different webinar series. Each webinar is a 45 minute presentation, followed by 15 minutes of questions and answers. The webinars are free for both members and non-members. Members may earn one hour of CPD credit per webinar upon successful completion of the quiz.
- CA Specialization: Specialization has an important role to play in the future of the CA profession. Specialist certification programs aim to attract potential CAs to a profession that provides a roadmap for its members to pursue specific interests and be recognized for their specialty knowledge.
- Career Centre: CA Source is CICA’s career site exclusively for Chartered Accountants (CAs) and CA students.
- Women's Leadership Council: The CICA’s Women’s Leadership Council is the voice of women Chartered Accountants acting as a catalyst for change, promoting a work environment within the CA profession that provides for the retention, promotion and advancement of women to positions of leadership without bias, unintended or otherwise, based on gender.