To pass the Uniform Evaluation (UFE), you must demonstrate that you are proficient in the competencies required to begin your professional accounting career.
All candidates write the same UFE, which allows the profession to set a single, high standard that is recognized nationally and internationally.
- 2013: Tuesday, September 10 to Thursday, September 12
- 2014: Tuesday, September 9 to Thursday, September 11
- 2015: Tuesday, June 2 to Thursday, June 4
Overview of the UFE
The three-day UFE consists of three papers and is set by the profession's Board of Evaluators. You have one day to write each individual paper. These papers challenge you to demonstrate your competence by responding to simulations and business scenarios representing the kinds of challenges you have faced during your work experience, or will soon be facing in your professional career.
Board of Evaluators
The CA profession’s Board of Evaluators – 10 CAs from across Canada, all with a strong interest and experience in CA education – is responsible for:
- Setting the content of the UFE
- Submitting the content of the UFE and its evaluation guides to the provincial institutes/Ordre/regions for review
- Evaluating candidates’ responses and recommending their pass or fail status to their provincial institutes/Ordre
Each board member is actively involved in preparing the UFE simulations (the business scenarios on which evaluation is based), setting profiles for passing candidates, preparing evaluation guides and supervising the evaluation process. The board seeks expert advice on the validity and reliability of evaluation methodologies as appropriate.
- Preparing for the 2013 UFE
- 2013 Uniform Evaluation (UFE) honour roll
- CA candidates writing the 2013 UFE
- Computers in the UFE
Uniform Evaluation (UFE)
- 2013 Uniform Evaluation - Paper I
- 2013 Uniform Evaluation - Paper II
- 2013 Uniform Evaluation - Paper III